Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Music part 1

People sometimes send me links to local or unsigned bands (actually sometimes they are signed) wanting my opinion or just for the hell of it I guess. I imagine it’s because they themselves enjoy the bands music. As for me, I’m thirty one and content with the fact that youth is wasted on the young. Personally I believe if you’re not well on your way to accomplishing your goal in life at this age you are in need of a new goal, one with a much smaller target. Goals like not dying this year from dealing with the stress of having a job, wife, and kids. Or not making the 10 o’clock news trying to pay the rent for the wife and kids. When I say smaller target one of the things I mean is a more realistic time span such as “not going to prison, this year”. Damn my own personal disappointment at my own life is leaking out into my opinion on local bands, o wait… that’s right I’m average, and everyone does this, yet another burden unsigned bands must deal with. I find most of the time that the people who pimp an unsigned on you are friends with the band and their view is tainted.
I’m not saying every unsigned band out their sucks ass, just 85% of them. Hey I know, “I’m an ass”. But you know it’s true, and if they weren’t your friends you’d tell them it sucked! Actually if they were your friends you should be obligated to tell them, look you need a new style or talent. If the actually have talent then damn you for helping them live in a lie while they had a chance to make rent doing something they love.
If you want an idea of two of the 15% I actually like (well their actually signed now, so bad example) Check out Evans Blue here http://www.evansblue.com/ or if you like something soft and easy try Anna Nalick at http://www.annanalick.com these are some of the bands who should be around for a while, with talent and the right mix of focus and style. Which will get you noticed quick and signed moments later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!!

Garrick said...

Where is part 2?

About Me

I'm normal, I promise...